Advertising by :

Advertisement

Saturday, February 28, 2009

With her

Author: Omigo

First: I DO NOT OWN NARUTO! OR THIS SONG CONTEXT!

Second: The song is "Because you loved me" by Celine Dion

Third: I hope you enjoy this one shot story :D It's a NaruSaku for those who didn't already know!


For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

She slowly opened up her eyes, only to meet a blue par that belonged to blond, energetic boy how was turning 17 soon. She smiled and so did he. The silence between them weren’t awkward, more the other way. They didn’t need to say that much to either to understand the other one. Since they had grown older both had become more mature and the relationship between them had almost become unbreakable. They were more than friends, but still not lovers. They where something in between since both there to stubborn to admit something else or to realise how much they needed either.

She had come to love him, as a brother, as a team mate, as a friend and as the one how where always there for her. Yet she could not admit to her self that she probably loved him so much more, that she wanted him so bad but the fear has holding her back. The fear of risking everything for such a small thing as love.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

“Naruto”, she whispered

“What is it Sakura-chan?”, he asked and gave her a worried look.

“What do you want for you birthday present?”, she smiled towards him, convincing him not to worry with her smile.

“I don’t want anything special, except for maybe a whole year of free ramen”, he said and laugh a bit, “… But as long as you keep on smiling on that day, I’ll be happy”

“I see”, she mumble and stared walking down the streets.

He returned her smiled and began to walk beside her. People in the village often came up and ask her when she and Naruto would go on a date, always saying that they where such a lovely couple. She ignored them most of the time, but sometimes it was like someone stabbed a knife in her heart. She didn’t know why. It was used that the feeling of fear attacked her again. Of all the things in the world, she was most afraid of that someone would take away Naruto, Sai, Yamoto and Kakashi. She remember so well that day that Sasuke had left them. Every time she thought about it her eyes would tear up and a horrible pain rushed through her body. She could not help but, to still, think like one of the reasons that he left was because of her and she hated to feel like she had betrayed him. Not being able to be good enough, nor strong enough to stop him. All that she wanted back then, and now, was to help him. But after a couple of failed attempted to bring him back to Konoha she had, at the moment, giving up on the thought that he could come back to them.

“Sakura-chan?”

She snapped out of her thoughts and turned her head at the direction she heard his voice. He looked at her with worry in his eyes. Yet she smiled at him and waved her hand in front of her like there was nothing to worry about.

“I was used thinking about the past”, she said, turning around and started walking again.
Then she felt how he took a steady grip around her arm and turned her around, facing him. He looked deep into her eyes but she only looked down, at the ground.

“You thought about him again, didn’t you?”, he whispered

She looked up at him, shocked but still. The shock didn’t last long. She felt her tears swelling up and she felt herself crashing into him. Hugging him hard. He responded with a sweet smile what she didn’t see and his arms holding her tight against his chest.

“Don’t worry”, he whispered and his hand touching her hair, gently brushing through it, “You still have me, Sakura-chan, and I won’t walk out of your life that’s easily”

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

She closed her eyes, and took in his scent from her nose. He smelled sweet, like orange mixed with vanilla. A smile appeared on her lips. And a thank you was whispered in his ear as she slowly was letting go of him. When they broke apart she took a deep breathe and took his hand in hers.

“Sakura-chan?”

She smiled and laughed at his reaction. People around them started whispered to either and pointing at them. She didn’t care. All she did was to hold his hand tight and then they continue to walk down the street. Still holding hands and they didn’t let go until they reached theirs goal, Narutos apartment.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

“SURPRISE!”

She stood in the doorstep, looking at him laughing with everyone and thanking them for coming. The surprise party was Hinatas idea. Since the other ideas weren’t that great they had quickly agreed on a party. Here they were now. Sakura still stood at the door, she felt like everyone needed there own time to congratulate Naruto. Besides, she had been with him for the whole day already and the present that were waiting for him could always wait a bit longer.

“Sakura-san”

She turned her attention away from the birthday boy and to Lee. Lee looked at her but her eyes still did not meet his.

“What is it, Lee?”, she smiled like she always did, still not a real one but it was good enough.

“You look a bit lonely”, he said, trying to get her to open up for him, “Is something wrong?”

“Nothing is wrong”, she answered, “I just thought that I step a side for a bit so that everyone get there own time to congratulate Naruto”

Lee looked at her, one part confused and one part full of admiration. He admired her used because what were she said, it sounded wise and right at every time. She had grown into a beautiful and mature woman. But still, he knew that something was missing, something important. A dream, a bit of hope, a piece of romance.

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

She continued to watch everyone the rest of the evening. She didn’t feel like talking to anybody right now. The silence that lay around her comforted her in a strange way. A small smile appeared as she walked out of the kitchen.

The sight that appeared in front of her eyes didn’t really surprise her, only that her heart took a jump. Hinata was being hug by Naruto, probably because of the present she had given him. The other girls stood around, and laughed at Hinatas reaction. It probably would take long before she would faint. Kakashi and Yamato stood a bit outside the crowd that was surrounding Naruto. She walked up to them and poked Kakashi on the arm.

“Hey there sensei”, she said, looking into his dark eye

“Well hello there Sakura”, he answered, “I haven’t seen you in a while”

“I was just in the kitchen”

“Preparing for your gift perhaps?”

“Not quite”, she said and looked down at the floor, “I already have prepared for it”

“Sounds interesting”

She looked up at him. She could only guess, but he was probably smirking under that blood damn mask. If only he could show them his face sometime. She really wished to see it, almost as much as she wished that everyone could go home now. It was evil, she knew, but if they didn’t she would never have the time to show Naruto her present.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

She had given up. Everybody was still in there, in his apartment. A sigh was heard and she opened the door to the roof. The wind took a steady grip around her body and she nearly had some problems getting out, on the roof. That was how strong the wind blew tonight.

“Naruto”, she whispered into the night

The sunset was beautiful. If only he was there to see it with her. That was going to be her surprise. He had always said that he would like to se the sunset together with her so she thought that if would have been the perfect gift. Her eyes were closed. She was near to tears; she didn’t know why only that she missed him. She missed his warming smile and safe arms around her body.

Suddenly she felt selfish. After all this was his birthday and all she had did so far was to think of herself. Perhaps it would be best it she walked back to the party. It was not like no one would notice that she had been gone. They never did anymore. It was only Naruto how did those kind of things. Naruto? Oh hell, he would notice it. He would certainly go and see where she had gone. Fuck, why didn’t she think of that before? Of course that idiot would walk after her; even it was his party downstairs. This wasn’t good, not good at all.

Suddenly she heard how the door was opened. She eyes were immediately there and used as she had expected a par of blue eyes appeared and a blonde hair where visible.

“You idiot”, she whispered but could not help to feel a bit happier now that he was here, with her.

“Sakura-chan”, he said as he watched her walk towards him

Both were smiling as they stood before one and another. Smiling for real.

You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

“Naruto”, she whispered as she slowly took him in for a hug.

The wind on the root top started to increase and it was playing with their mixed hair. The sunset was gone and the moon shined brighter than ever, lighting up their reflection. She pulled a bit away from him, only so that she could face him. Their faces there inches away from one and another and she could easily feel his breathe on her face. A smile appeared. Then there were two, and some words where whispered before lips closing in on either. Finally her cold lips crashed into his. Her eyes were closed but she could feel that he was looking at her. She then opened her eyes and broke away from his lips.

“Sakura…”, he whispered and look confused at her

“Shut up and kiss me, you idiot”, she mumble

First he looked really shocked but then she got her wish granted. Her first kiss belonged to the only one that came to deserve is. Her body so close to his. Their tongues playing with either, fighting over how was going to control the kiss. A moan heard and lust building up. When they broke apart, breathing for air and looking into either’s eyes.

“Sakura-chan I lov…”, he begin to say but was interrupted but her words.

“I know that, stupid”, a smiled on her lips, “It’s because you loved me what I’m standing here, before you, asking you to just to keep on loving me like you do”, he smiled at her and took her in for another hug, “And I will do my best to keep on loving you, Naruto”, her words touched his heart like a explosion and he used couldn’t keep himself from kissing her like crazy.

After all, this was the moment and the words he had been longing to hear his whole life.

I'm everything I am
Because you loved me


The End

No comments: